Sunday, November 9, 2014

Weekly post of NaNoWriMo One

Hello everyone, welcome to November and in the writer's world-- NaNoWriMo! So I know I promised to be around more in the blogging world, but school took over my soul. Damn you college and the senior year. Okay, small hate rant over, let's talk.

NaNoWriMo is a time of heaven and frantic hell. A time where the writers to come together and enjoy our company to share our stories and bounce off inspiration. But, it's also a fun contest. Now I know what you're going to ask me, 'Do you win anything? How is this a contest?', in all honestly on my part, when I talk about a contest for NaNo-- it's basically a personal contest. A mental and emotional goal to yourself to reach the 50,000 word mark of whatever novel you're currently writing. I mean yeah you don't really any official prize, but you do get a chance to feel the burst of excitement when the creative juices pour into your mind and the empty/unfinished document you have sitting on your laptop.

It's suppose to encourage you as a writer and have fun with other writers around you in your home town or in another part of the world. It's a fun global event that I personally recommend for you guys to try out some time. Hell, you can join right now and get your butt into speed writing. This is a hard and fun event, but very fulfilling if you are truly serious as a writer.

In my personal weekly update, I'm somewhat close to the daily word count, but if as a college student, it is very difficult to maintain doing the event and keeping a keen eye on making yourself write. Since the event started, I somehow managed to get to 10k with my draft thus far, but this weekend was seriously lacking on my end and I didn't meet the word count for the last two days. So at this very moment, I'm working on it for day 9 so I can update the word count this coming Wednesday, why you ask? Well because I can, muhahaha and I also want to see if anyone will catch up or smash me like a ton of bricks with their high word count. Oh course that being said, I do have to keep up with the homework since I do have a major paper due on the 21st and some other wacko stuff approaching soon, so I'm not sure how this is gonna work out with NaNoWriMo.. I don't know, my school life is odd, like yours I'm sure. Hehehe.

So how are you guys doing in NaNoWriMo? Let's chat about it in the comments below. I hope to hear from you guys. And remember, Happy Howling my fellow wolves, stay tune for a few upcoming reviews for the week and next Sunday's NaNoWriMo weekly update on Sunday the 16th.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment