Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book Review: Incarnate & Progress on camp NaNo

Incarnate (New Soul trilogy #1): written by Jodi Meadows
Release Date: January 31st, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Format of Novel: Paperback
Summary (From good reads)New soul

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

No soul

Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

Heart

Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

- - - - - - -
Hey guys, hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend (for the Americans out there). I'm finally back for a bit since work has been very hectic lately. (I've been getting a lot of hours since I started the job so yeah.. Can't do much sorry). So make the camp nanowrimo short, I haven't been writing. The idea for the project (first draft of it) is still lingering in my noggin, but the writing has not been really successful mainly because of work and partly for the ideal fact I don't feel like writing whenever I do have a day off since I now normally get one or two days off per week.

Now then, in this review, I wanted to discuss Jodi Meadow's Incarnate mainly because I was thinking about this book at work and I still remember reading it a year since I really enjoyed it so much. This story brings out the interesting topic of reincarnation along with the ups and downs with it with Ana, a new soul that was brought suddenly into this magical world. She was one of my favorite characters other than Sam because she contained the natural curiosity a lot of people need to have these days. It reveals the natural observer in her personality which makes her very original since many of the other characters in Jodi's world is already familiar with it since they have been reborn over and over again.

Another thing that sparked my interest in this story was the fantastical world building. Jodi's wording in this book brought out the wonderful imagery that was presented in the story. I fell in love with this world because it related itself to musical elements and the chapter with the masquerade ball was absolutely perfect! I didn't wanted to put the book down afterwords because right after that event, it lead to the huge attack from the dragons and syph creatures (which was awesome as well).

I'm hoping that eventually I will be able to pick up the other two books to this trilogy and the short novella Jodi Meadows wrote for this series so I can discuss it for you guys, but in this I can't. If you guys are looking for a good read, this book is really good and full of wonder images for your creative and day dreaming purposes. She doesn't disappoint her readers and I'm glad she didn't since this novel was her debut one. So enjoy reading and see you guys next time.

Happy Howling!

No comments:

Post a Comment