Friday, May 29, 2015

Top Ten Fridays: Books Pt. one

Happy Friday everyone! Welcome to a new series on my blog, "Top Ten". I know you all have probably see this on a blog before, but it's my turn to do it. Haha. Alright so this series is pretty simple. Every other Friday, I'm going to post my personal top tens of whatever, but it would most likely be about books and book related things. Considering that I'm going to do the same thing for my other nerd-y blog as well. So, today I present to you the first part to many parts of my top ten of favorite books ever (and ever and ever...). This part is just a general top ten, there will be other others, but they will be very specific based on genres. Now with that being said:

(>'-')> ^('-')>  Let's get started! <('-')^ <('-'<)
 
(Declaimer: They are from 10-1, I love all of the books equally. But, these are the books that I've kept close to my heart, these are just a personal choice and opinion. You don't have to agree with my list.)
 
 
10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Michelle Hodkin): This book was a pleasant read, dark and psychologically thrilling for me. I speed-demon read it and the second book. (I will be reading the third one soon!). It has an interesting mystery into it and the book had a good build up for the other two books and I can't wait to finish the trilogy.
 
9. Twixt (Sarah Diemer): I finally brought this book for my nook during the holidays and I was so excited to read this. I was not disappointed by it at all. It's a LBGT paranormal-fantasy stand alone and I couldn't put it down. The world is beautiful and haunting. And the ending, my word it was tragic.
 
8. Something Strange and Deadly (Susan Dennard): Normally I'm not a big of zombies in literature, but after reading her debut novel, I fell in love with her story and I'm dying to grab the rest of the trilogy. Susan Dennard is a brilliant writer and sweetest person if you follow her blog, newsletter, and on twitter.
 
7. Invisible Man (Ralph Ellison): This book is a powerful novel, the beginning was striking and the characters were so strong. I highly recommend this novel to you all.
 
6. Throne of Glass (Sarah J Maas): I adored this debut when I got the book for my birthday. Sarah J Maas is a fantastic writer and considering she worked on this series for 10+ years, the effort was shown in her words and the characters are kick ass.
 
5. Legend (Marie Lu): This book was a start to a dramatic and dystopian based trilogy. It was wonderful debut and I fell in love with Day and June. The story was great and fast-pace. One of the best novels from 2012.
 
4. Fan Girl (Rainbow Rowell): The author knew how to create such a realistic novel and when I read this, it was like I was a college freshmen again. I loved it and Cath, I wanted to hug her. A great stand-alone and if you are a nerd-y person like I am, you will enjoy this novel.
 
3. A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J Maas): One of my most favorite books of 2015, this retelling of Beauty and the Beast was beautifully written and the world building Sarah created was fantastic. For a new adult novel, it was an amazing read when I won an ARC copy of it in a contest.
 
2. The Darkest Minds (Alexandra Bracken): The first book to one of my most favorite trilogies ever. I literally almost cried when I was reading this book. The story was a great beginning novel and Liam. That's all I will say now, Liam.
 
1. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak): This book, it was so, so, so beautiful and it was told in the point of view of Death. I love the historical content and the characters were amazing to follow.

<('-')^ <('-'<)


So that's it, these are my top ten books to date. What are your top ten books? Tell me in the comments below and I'll be back with another blog post. Happy Howling!

No comments:

Post a Comment