Sunday, September 27, 2015

Book Review: The Goddess Hunt

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)


The Goddess Hunt (1.5 Goddess Trilogy): Written by Aimee Carter
Release Date: March 1st, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format of Novel: Nook
Rating: 3/5 stars
Summary (from good reads): A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....

- - -
Hey guys, I'm here with a quick review. Life has been kicking my butt lately so I wanted to do a light review for you guys as an apology until I get back on my feet with the blog posts. Okay, so this novella is part of the Goddess Test Trilogy and I have to say; I didn't mind the quick read. The story leaves off right as Kate and James heading to Greece to explore and have fun a couple of days after the events of Carter's debut novel, The Goddess Test. After reading this, I was okay with it over all. The plot was light, fast, and adventurous. The new characters, Castor and Pollux are twins that go along with Cassandra of Troy, are a interesting duo. I like the dynamic the two have when facing Kate and James. They're their own person and yet not because they're still on the run from the council (I'm rooting for them more than the gods..).and I loved them more than the characters from Carter's debut novel, The Goddess Test.

I liked how Kate is beginning to develop a stronger persona since she married Henry. Sure it's pretty slow in my opinion, but its showing in a way. But, I still feel iffy about her because of annoying I found her in the first book. James was sort of unnecessary in this novella, he seems so scare to do things yet he's trying to do so to maintain a normalcy with Kate. Grated that this novel takes place a few days after the debut novel, I feel as so he needed to do more instead of running.

Now let's talk about Walter. Walter is suppose to be Zeus and I like him in a way. However, he's not as evil as I would like to see an antagonist. I don't know, maybe its just me being impatient with this series, but I do love some really cool villains and he is just a oddity in my head. Perhaps in the next book, he will present to be dramatic and crazy like a regular villain, but I just think this story is just too light-hearted for my taste to grasp Walter as a villain.

Overall, this novella was a humorous read with the dialogue James and Kate have with each other. It shows a potential love triangle the author is probably going to have between Henry, James, and Kate, but we shall see right?

No comments:

Post a Comment