Monday, July 13, 2015

The Creativeness of Nintendo

Hey all, hope you're doing well. Today's post is going to be very short and tomorrow I will return to regular business with book-reviews and writing related posts.

Probably many of you have heard about Satoru Iwata's death this past weekend, but I just wanted to contribute this blog post in honor of him. I'm not a crazy gamer like a lot of people, but I play video as much as the next human being. When reading about his death, it was sad to see the famous characters crying and hugging this gentleman in various fan art. My friends were also thanking this man for creating games that would be remembered for a long time and making their childhood special.

For those who don't truly know who Satoru Iwata was in the gaming society, he was the president and creator of Nintendo. He created various games like Super Mario Brothers, Pokémon, Legend of Zelda, and even Kirby. I grew up with these characters in my life and the adventures that were focused around them were specular. The graphics were great as well and to this day, I and many of my friends who are 21-27 are still playing these games. Heck, I even gotten my younger sister and cousins into the games as well. They loved the silliness and the crazy moves of Smash Brothers series the characters use against each other.

Personally, I think these games helped create a new revolution with my generation because many gamers are now playing on you tube for fun or for business, people are inspired to create their own video games or go into graphic design. I mean, its crazy yet it brings brightness into our minds because we can bring out fantasies and transform them into stories in game format. Because of that very reason, I'm really sad to see Satoru Iwata pass, but at least he's not in pain from whatever was hurting him while he was alive. From what I gather, he was a very humble and generous man who was truly a kid at heart much like the rest of us. So all in all, thank you Mr. Iwata-san, it was a pleasure to purchase your creative stories and continuing to play them till this day. So Rest in Peace. Also, if you want to partake in a good cause, head over to Cobanermani456's twitter to locate a link to a charity that Satoru Iwata donated regularly towards, 'Childplay' and put in a couple dollars to honor his memory. I hope you see everyone tomorrow, have a great day, and continue kicking ass with some Nintendo games. Happy Howling.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment