Friday, July 17, 2015

The randomness of My Writing (Take One)

Hey guys. Since today is the release of my anime review blog, I'm not going to post a new book review for you. But instead, I wanted to talk about my writing process. This blog is not only a book reviewing blog, but a personal writing journey one too. So, I figured why not talk about my journey as a writer on here too. So, let's do it.

Let's consider today's title, 'randomness take one'. Like many of you writers, I'm a crazy one. One that is truly confuse about which solid project to work on and stick with for a extended period of time. Especially when a event is occurring outside of the writing life. Now, don't get me wrong, a lot of my confusion has to do with laziness and self-doubt. With the laziness, it is the lack of motivation to write because of my self doubt. I self doubt a lot of times and when I do have the motivation to write, nothing happens. And that's my fault.

The randomness in my writing involves a lot of wolves and what ifs. Plus, it involves me daydreaming when I'm probably not suppose too. And that's fun and all, but is it truly productive? Nope. The randomness should be involving the bursts of jolting shit down on paper or on a word document like I'm doing now for this blog post. But instead, it brings me to wondering if I'm meant to be a writer or someone that can teach about writing. It's truly random when you think about the crossroad, but it doesn't mean people like you and I are quitting.

We want to write, we want to teach the full aspects of writing that doesn't involve text books, we as writers want to be random and pop out a book that's fun for readers instead of treating it like a business. Its wrong of me to have doubts, but its going happen to me and to everyone else. So maybe this post isn't about our bursts of randomness in writing, but maybe in the random sets of self doubting. I'm saying its okay to feel this way, but we as writers and artists have to work together to get out of the ruts and into being what we are meant to be, writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment