Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Online Story Review: A Little Insane-Building a Monster

A Little Insane- Building A Monster: Written by Amyscene
Location of Story: WattPad.com
Number of Chapters: Fourteen
Part of a Series?: Yes.
Summary from WattPad: Hart is supposed to be alone. His dark world has no room for another. Especially not his new victim, Riley. But this time it's different, and there's no going back once this twisted romance unveils
~First book to a series~
- - - - - -
I figure that I'll post a different type of review today since I didn't post as much last week. In this particular review, I am going to focus on a story I quickly fell in love with on watt pad. I shall warn you now, this is a boyxboy/yaoi/male slash story and if you are not into these sort of stories-- then don't read it or read this review.

Any who, let me first say that I absolutely LOVE the cover! It's so beautiful and matches the story as a whole. Feel free to cover lust of Amyscene's talent. Haha. Now, the story in general at a glance feels like a typical thriller/slash feel within the content. However, once you got further into the plot, holy crow its so different because:
 Cue the paranormal and mind blowing undertones!

Its so dark and gory. It's beautiful with character development between Riley and Hart, the romance is creepy yet so right when dealing with a story like this, and the secrets. Man oh man the deep secrets behind Hart's motives with Riley so crazy and confusing, it will keep you wanting to read more and more. That being said, let's talk about the two focused characters. Now I won't go into full details considering this is the first book to Amyscene's series, but I'll give you a small insight on them.

When the story begins, we are introduced to Hart right away. He is know to be very violent, intelligent, and very fashionable in a way. Right away, you can see that he possesses the typical traits of a serial killer, so when we see the interaction between him and Riley, we can tell right away what's going to happen. Yet as the story goes deeper into the mystery depth of it, Hart has a struggling personality, as a reader, you shouldn't connect with him since he is the 'main' villain, but at the same time, you can sympathize with him because he leaves off a vibe that makes you want to hug him till you physically can't breathe, especially with the moments with Riley. Now before I end this review, let's talk about Riley.

Riley is the victim in the story, yet somehow readers like myself can probably feel that he's something completely different the more you read it. I personally enjoy Riley because of how he tries to get to know Hart and trying to escape the house that he's held captive in. He's a sweetheart and I just want to hug him. Amyscene really knows how to create innocent yet crazed male characters and I really look forward to reading the sequel to this series. I'll see you guys later and here is the link to Amyscene's watt pad account. Feel free to take a glance at it and at mine too. Happy howling!

Amyscene's watt pad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/Amyscence
Mine: http://www.wattpad.com/user/xRayneWolfx

No comments:

Post a Comment