Thursday, June 18, 2015

Read-a-Thons

Hey guys, today's topic involves something that many of you are familiar with if you are part of the reading/book tube community. Read-a-Thons. Last night, I decided to be a complete idiot and start my own read-a-thon with books I haven't read at all. And as it turns out, if you include the books in my nook, I ended up picking out 14 of both unfinished and new books. So yeah, I'm insane, haha.

Considering I'm still on the job hunting bliss, I decided that the read-a-thon is to assist me maintain a self focus for books and possibly inspiration to write again. Now, I get that many read-a-thons don't truly start till July if you follow the book tubing community and their daily vlogs, but sometimes I personally think doing one for yourself is a cool idea as well. With that being said, allow to present the books I have my list, the page goal, and the deadline. So for the deadline, I'm giving myself till Friday at 8pm. I'm leaving next weekend on a little vacation with a very good friend of mine and his girlfriend, so I'm not going to focus on reading once that I step out of the train. I started my read-a-thon last night and managed to read about 233 pages out 3,698 pages before today. And speaking of the pages, if you saw the number, then yes you're right- I'm crazy. However, some of my books are on my little nook, so I get away with it. (still crying on the inside)

And finally, the books. You can find these on good reads, random book-related websites, or at your local book stores. I'm not going to go into full details about the books, I'm just gonna list them to you guys.

1. How to write a Novel by Nathan Bransford
2. The Poor children by April L. Ford
3. The Falconer by Elizabeth May
4. The Game by Terry Schott
5. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
6. And then there were none by Agatha Christie
7. The nutcracker bleeds by Lani Lenore
8. NeverMor by Lani Lenore
9. Forsaken Dreams by Lani Lenore
10. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
11. Sapphique by Catherine Fisher
12. Plot vs. Character by Jeff Gerke
13. On writing Horror by Mort Castle
14. Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
 
And now, after jolting down this list, all I can now is wish me luck. What books are you starting this summer? Let me know in the comments below, happy howling!


No comments:

Post a Comment