Monday, November 23, 2015

Book Review: Carry On

23734628

Carry on: written by Rainbow Rowell
Release date: October 6th, 2015
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Format of Novel: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5 stars
Summary (from good reads): Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who’s ever been chosen.

That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.

Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.
- - -
You guys(sssssss)! I'm fan girling so hard core right now! This book was freakin' amazing! (Course you probably know this by now.) I can't simply put the enjoyment I have for this within flopping my sweatshirt sleeves happily for days. Carry On is the 'fan fic' of Rainbow Rowell's novel Fan girl and to be quite honest, I found this novel to be her best one out of all of the ones she's written thus far. The characters were fantastic and querky (Loved Baz to pieces). Even though they were almost similar to the cast of the Harry Potter series, they held a originally to them that made me wanting so much more. (I finished the book in two days flat.. Sad huh?). They were so real to me as a reader, and they made me feel as so I was a direct witness to the entire adventure the cast had to endure to save their school and the world of magic.

Speaking of the world of magic, the system was interesting as well. While I did laugh at the way they had to say their spells, I thought that this was a very nice way to connect with children and perhaps people that don't normally read books like we do. The system of magic is surprisingly well known to the entire world instead of a secret to the norms.

Another thing that I was really, really in love with was the romance. Rainbow Rowell made it so fucking perfect between Simon and Baz.. It felt so, so natural, yet she took the time to make it slowly develop into something so unique and cry worthy. The passages between the two were beautifully written and ohh my word, I was so excited to read the passages and just smile from ear to ear.

This story guys, please pick up this book if you want to see some real romantic moments. I know the magical system is going to be weird because of the similarity to Harry Potter, but this book develops into something fantastic for readers to enjoy. I know it may not be the best book out there, but its nice and natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment