Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Book Review: Shadow Sun (Spoiler alert)

Hey guys! So remember when I told you that I was gonna do something nice for you today? Well, let's discuss a spoiler-y session for the epic conclusion of Shadow Sun by Lani Lenore. If you haven't read the books yet, well go do so because this review is not really for you all (yet). But, come back for the discussion in the comments below or on twitter! Please do, I'll send you pictures of cookies, I promise.

Now on to the review!

- - -
So this book, let's examine the cover first shall we?
25921102 It's so freakin' beautiful for a self published novel. Oh my god, who wants to pet it with me? Just kidding. Maybe.. It symbolizes so much in the book, with Rifter falling down to Nevermor, how the pirates were formed, and how our wolf pack is dealing with everything to bring their once peaceful world back to some normalcy. We see everyone other than Wren expressing their personal desires. Finn wants to grow up and explore on his own, Toss wants peace with his wolf Bruno, and Sly, wanting to die after suffering for so long. Wren in my opinion, was a favorite of mine because she finally grew a set and wasn't as much of a love sick puppy like she was in the first book. She's accepting her role in Nevemor, going on to protect her new family, yet still maintaining her love for the fallen hero.

The other characters like Calico and Savoii were interesting, bitchy yet I felt that it was necessary to have them be bitching after their survival. Yet, I loved how they were slowly developing their own desires while with the Wolf Pack. With Calico, I felt that she was the opposite of Wren with being able to get pregnant with Sly's child and able to fight at a better level than possibly everyone in the pack. But, the way Lani made Calico a little soft before her upcoming death was heart breaking, especially after the way Rifter killed her monstrous lover seconds before.

What was a nice surprise was Max's return. Who else wants a spin off with him as the protagonist? Me? Probably.. I was so thrilled to see him return to us to help out in the quest and to rediscover his beloved sister again, even though Whisper only brought him back to get back at Wren and Rifter.. She was such a bitch, loved it. And Little Horn.. he was sinking cute! I don't care what everyone

Now to the plot, the plot of this story was a major 'WTF' moment after we learned about Rifter's past in Wren's dream. Who else freakin' figured out that Rifter was gonna be the Scourge in the end? And that the skull at the desk was **ing Calico's head?! Holy shit! I'm still going wtf because of that moment when Wren and Scourge were having their talks before the epic fight took place. Man, I can't even begin to tell you how crazy everything went in the fight. And Mach/Mech going insane, I wanted to hug him so freakin' badly. He's so cute and he didn't deserve his death from Rifter.. It sucks.. But, it was necessary for the downfall to begin really.

What did you put me through Miss Lenore?

And finally the ending, I'm still confuse about it. Was it a time loop or did Rifter get pulled into the afterlife where he can life with Wren for eternity or did time reverse? I don't have a clue. Overall, this was a epic conclusion to the trilogy, or at least in my opinion. So thank you Lani Lenore for giving me the Peter Pan series I've always dreamt of reading/writing and made exceed my expectations.

Alright guys, let me know what are your opinions on this book in the comments below and I'll back tomorrow with a another post. Happy Howling! Also, if you're doing NaNoWrimo this year, follow me on twitter @xthewolfwriterx for random sprints on Wednesdays and Fridays at 3pm & 8pm and we'll get some writing done! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment