Saturday, November 28, 2015

NaNoWriMo '15: Week four

Hey guys, so here we are on the final week of National Novel Writing Month! How are you guys doing? Decent? Did you win?! o.O You have to tell me, or not it's up to you haha. Today's short post is about music and how does music gets us writers in the mood to write when everything is rather distracting to the naked eye. I myself have a hard time focusing writing unless there is constant noise around me. (Which is normally why I write more in the kitchen where everyone is around instead of my room/desk.)

I wanted to exploit my musical tastes for you and maybe get you guys inspired with the music. If my musical tastes don't help ya, then so be it. Perhaps you would like share your favorites in the comments below? :) So let's begin shall we?

Ever since I was thirteen, I found myself falling in love with Japanese Rock/Pop/Metal. From the moment I found Gackt and Hyde, and anime shows like Wolf's Rain, Naruto and Loveless, I was hooked.

The way the Japanese was able to compile their music was heaven to me, a life's saver when I needed a escape from reality. The English lyrics are powerful in some songs and it inspired me to write and grow my career as a writer during high school. My favorite songs from Gackt is Redemption, while Hyde's song Season's call was heaven to my heart. To this day, I never forget to blast though songs when I'm in my room when I'm angry or in the mood to write. Along with the Japanese music, I listen to other bands like Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Evanescence, etc, just to get different ideas for the stories I'm working on and they help, but the Japanese/anime music sparked my love for writing and for anime. It taught me how to embrace other types of music and culture while working on the writing.

So what type of music do you listen too while writing? Tell me in the comments below and I'll see you on Sunday with another blog post. Happy howling!

Current word count: 48,286

Hyde's Seasons call:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H12yeB7Lmo
Gackt's Redemption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXp0v93ZRTs


No comments:

Post a Comment