Tuesday, December 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo: Final Results

Hey guys. Well yesterday was the last day of National Novel Writing Month, or the end of hell in my words. Haha. I will like to take this moment to give you all pats on the back or shoulders because we made it out alive. Even if some of us didn't win the event, it's the effort of trying our very hardest with the butt kicking and getting an idea out there in the world that may be the 'one' we will crown ourselves with the title of author.

So let's get to it, what are we going to do after NaNoWriMo? Well one or three things. Either plomp into food comas, read loads of books, or write some more? I go with all three if I was you. As writers, we have to balance our lifestyles with our writing and realistic choices like being an adult/student. It gives us the chance to breath and the chance to pretty much do whatever the hell we want since no one is around to stop us from taking a break. They see the way we look, talk, or even walk after dealing with our characters for a month straight, so the people of the outside world have to get use to us when we are in (how to put this nicely) our demonic forms. It's basically a sign for people to stay away till at least a week later or a month.. or till whenever we want a touch of reality..

MOVING ON.. haha. As I mentioned before, we writers are entitled to a break, or get that burst of energy to finish the damn novel! All I can really say is do what makes you happy when NaNoWriMo is done. If you want to keep working on the same project, do it. If you want time to work on another project, do it. If you want to binge eat, play videos games, etc- do it. It's entirely up to you as a writer and as a person. You can keep kicking ass like you normally do in your writing and edit the stuffing out of it.

I myself am taking a minor break from writing for a few days because I just gotten my new laptop (Trying to figure out scrivener and alternative to Microsoft word *don't have it yet..*) and work is giving me more hours (yikes) so there's that.. However, I will be blogging more now! Since I don't have to use my mom's laptop now, I can post book reviews faster than the speed of light. (Or try too at least lol). I dunno, my mind changes so many times that half of the stuff I say on here could be a bunch of lies or not.. Haha.

So what are you planning on doing now as a writer? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you guys with another blog post really soon. Happy Howling!

Ps: You're crazies are beautiful and here's my final word count of the event.

Word count: 50,550
(So much better than last year! Two time 'champion' here lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment