Monday, August 31, 2015

August Wrap Up

Hey guys, its that time of the month again! Today let's discuss our wrap up for the month of August. I'll be honest, since I started working, I didn't do a lot of reading. But during the booktube-a-thon, I'd read all of the seven books during that week, so maybe that's okay I guess. Who truly knows.. Anyway, let's get down to the wrap up shall we??

Total number of books: 9 (yeah.. the majority of it was only the booktube-a-thon books.. I blame reality aka work..)

1. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. This book was hands down one of the best books I've ever read this year. I gave it a 5/5 stars on good reads. I highly recommend the Throne of Glass series if you want a kick ass female protagonist and high fantasy in your life.

2. A Court of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This was a re-read for me, but overall I fell in love with it completely. 5/5 stars.

3. The Game by Terry Schott. It wasn't one of my favorites of this year, but it was decent read. I gave it a 3.5/5 stars on good reads, but I probably won't be reading the rest of the series anytime soon.

4. The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum. This was my third time re-reading this book, and I still love it to this day. I expressed my absolute love for the entire trilogy on my birthday post for you guys. 5/5 stars in my personal opinion.

5. Fairest by Marissa Meyer. It was a fast read for the booktube-a-thon. I loved learning about the Queen's past even though I was a little spoiled for the third book Cress. I gave this book a 4/5 stars on good reads.

6. The Titan's Curse by Rick Roridan. This book is the third book of the Percy Jackson series. I did enjoy the book overall, but it felt flat in certain parts because I personally thought some actions were repeating over and over again like in the other two books. I gave this book a 4/5 stars on good reads, so I'm going to continue on with the series soon. :)

7. Forsaken Dreamscape by Lani Lenore. The continuation of the Nevermor trilogy and one of my highly faves in the trilogy world. I loved the overall dark tone within the Peter Pan re-telling and the story was so compelling in general. This book was given a 5/5 stars on my good reads.

8. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. I finally finished the trilogy and I really want to get the box set for myself so I don't have to read these books on my nook. I adored this psychological elements within the plot and the characters were crazy in a way I simply can't help but love to death. I gave this book a 4.5/5 stars on good reads even though I know there are mixed emotions about the trilogy in general all over the book community. :)

and finally 9. The Murder Complex by Lindsey Cummings. This book was a quick and enjoyable read. I want to read the next book when I do get the chance too, but for now I cannot because I have to deal with school. (boo). I gave this book a 4/5 stars on good reads because I thought this book was decent for those who are just getting into dystopian fiction and the idea of the story seemed very fresh for a 'debut' novel.

Okay guys that was the wrap for the month of August. I will be back with the TBR list for the month of September and new reviews on random books! Stay tune and remember, happy howling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment