Saturday, August 22, 2015

Book Sacrifice Tag

Happy Saturday people! Today let's do something fun that I found on youtube. It is the "Book Sacrifice" Tag created by the lovely Ariel Bissett over at her you tube channel!(https://www.youtube.com/user/ArielBissett)

RULES: Just literally pick a book that you are willing to sacrifice in each scenario!

(Please note: These picks are my personal choices, just because I picked these books doesn't mean I want to stab the authors or burn the books to ashes. I do like some of the books on this list, but I'm going to express my opinion over them).

1) An Over-Hyped book: Let's start this off with a Zombie Apocalypse! Let's say you're in a book store, just browsing, when BAM! ZOMBIE ATTACK. An announcement comes over the PA System saying that the military has discovered that the zombies' only weakness is over-hyped books. What book that everyone else says is amazing but you really hated do you start chucking at the zombies knowing that it will count as an over-hyped book and successfully wipe them out?!

Don't kill me, but I'm picking City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Specifically the movie that was made back in 2013. I mean don't get me wrong, I love the series I really do. However, I'm not overly obsess with the series like others are in a positive way. Maybe it's because the movie ruined my absolute love for the books, but then again its also probably because I haven't read them in a while. The books are great in their own way and I want to marathon the entire series once I get them all, but the movie ruined the fandom for me..

2) A Sequel: Let's say you've just left the salon with a SMASHING new haircut and BOOM: Torrential downpour. What sequel are you willing to use as an umbrella to protect yourself?

Torn by Amanda Hocking. Her Tryllie trilogy was okay in my opinion, but the sequel was too much of an annoyance for me. The trilogy as a whole should've been a one large novel instead of the trilogy. Take it from someone that already possesses the bind up of a the trilogy itself.. aii

3) A Classic: Let's say you're in a lecture and your English teacher is going on and on about how this classic changed the world, how it revolutionized literature and you get so sick of it that you chuck the classic right at his face because you know what? This classic is stupid and it's worth detention just to show everyone how you feel! What Classic did you chuck?

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. I hate this book with a fiery passion like people hate Catcher in the Rye and Romeo & Juliet. I understand the significance of the book and the adventure with Huck and Jim endure. But, the dialect was too much for me and it ruined my love for learning to close read books in college for me. I will be very happy to burn this one too..

4) Your least favorite book of life!: Let's say that you're hanging out at the library when BAM global warming explodes and the world outside becomes a frozen wasteland. You're trapped and your only chance for survival is to burn a book. What is the book you first run to, your least favorite book of all life, what book do you not fully regret lighting?

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel. This was the first ever book I had to not finish. I hated it within fifty pages in when I first got. I enjoyed the first one when I was fifteen, but when I grabbed this one, I hated it and threw it across my room. Same thing happened to me when I read the second book to the "House of Night" series. But then again, I blame the 'Evermore' series for getting me into a reading slump for a few months so I might pick up the House of Night series again soon.

Okay guys, this was the book sacrifice tag and I tag all of you since you read this haha. I hope you didn't feel offended by my choices, if I did I'm sorry. What are your choices for these particular outcomes? Tell me on the comments below and I'll be back soon with the Heir of Fire book review this coming weekend. Happy Howling!

No comments:

Post a Comment