Monday, August 10, 2015

Of Romantic Italians and Time Rivers

It's my birthday! Woo I'm feeling 22.. (plays Taylor Swift's song lol). So today I turn twenty two and to celebrate I decided to blog or simply praise the writing spirits about this amazing trilogy I found a while ago and still re-read like it was the Harry Potter series. So here it is everyone!


The HourGlass Door/The Golden Spiral/The Forgotten Locket
Series: Hourglass Door #1-3
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Publication dates: May 13th, 2009/May 10th, 2010/May 30th, 2011
Format of Book(s): Paperback/Hardcover/Paperback
This trilogy changed me like you wouldn't believe. I mean, a lot you probably get what I'm saying if you're a avid reader, but this trilogy was my god's send since the end of my high school career. I can't even say that Twilight or Harry Potter involved my love for reading because that would be a big bullshit-er of a lie. This trilogy holds my heart with a chain and I'm glad it does till this day. The story back in '09  was compare to the Twilight series, but it's not that series. This trilogy is about the timelines, Leonardo da Vinci's most powerful invention- the time machine. The prolonging love between Dante and Beatrice in a modern twist, and the concept of romance, fantasy, and somewhat historical content.

Every time I glance at the three books on my shelves, the memories of this beautifully written trilogy comes back to me and I just grin every chance I get. I mean, sure there's similar stuff to the twilight series, but unlike Bella, at least Abby gets up to fight instead of giving everyone the awkward duck face. Dante Alexander is one of my favorite male characters of all time, he's so sweet and caring, yet harbors in the secrets of his past and the infinite realms from the river.

I hate how this is one of the most underrated books out there in the book community. It deserves so much respect and readers that can enjoy a good adventure/romance with interesting characters. If anyone finds this trilogy, I highly suggest you read it. It may not be for everyone, but its a great read that will get you wrapped into the words and the world within the content. I hope you all have a wonderful day and see you next time. Happy Howling.

No comments:

Post a Comment